Illinois Abroad Council
The Illinois Abroad Council serves as a forum to maintain work already implemented by the colleges, schools and IAGE, with Illinois Abroad Implementation Committee (IAIC) coordination, complete implementation of outstanding recommendations by the IAIC, and serve as forum to oversee study abroad operations across our campus.
The IAC-Steering Committee is appointed bi-annually by the VPIAGS, with the current terms effective immediately through August 15, 2024.
- Luis Canales, Associate Provost Illinois International, Co-Chair
- Kristi Kuntz, Executive Associate Provost for Academic Programs & Policies, Co-Chair
- Gretchen Adams, College of Applied Health Sciences
- Guillermo Andino, Department of Chemistry
- Meredith Blumthal, Grainger College in Engineering
- Katie Clark, College of Media
- Andrew Collum, International Safety and Security, Illinois International
- Alicia Freter, College of ACES
- Elly Hanauer, College of Liberal Arts
- Meghan Hazen, Office of the Registrar
- Nicole Lamers, Gies College of Business
- Melissa Newell, The iSchool
- Joy Phaphouvninh, Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange, Illinois International
- Michael Raycraft, Department of Recreation, Sport, and Tourism
- Shelly Romack, Risk Management
- Nicole Turner, College of Fine & Applied Arts
- Allison Witt, College of Education
- Ranya Hasan, Student Assistance Center, Office of the Dean of Students, Ex Officio
- Anne Marshall, Office of the Vice Provost for Budget and Resource Planning, Ex Officio
- Gio Guerra Perez, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Ex Officio
Building on the foundation of work completed by the IAIC, the IAC-Steering Committee is established to oversee implementation of key recommendations articulated in IAIC’s 2020-2021 final report, as well to coordinate ongoing operations for education abroad across campus. Please review the charge letter for the full list of recommendations.