Illinois Abroad Implementation Committee
The Illinois Abroad Implementation Committee (IAIC) plays a critical role in the development of the campus strategy for globalization. The Illinois Abroad Implementation Committee is jointly appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost and the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies.
This committee emerged as a key recommendation in the report prepared by the Task Force on Illinois Study Abroad that was charged by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost during the past academic year. The specific charge to the Task Force was to "take a comprehensive look at study abroad services and programs on our campus, review the goals, responsibilities, structure and processes currently in place, and recommend actions to be taken to further improve the opportunities and experiences we offer our students in a manner that streamlines our processes, improves efficiencies, and ensures consistency and uniformity in the way students are served across campus." View the Task Force report.
- Peter Mortensen, Associate Professor Department of English, Chair
- Nicole Lamers, Assistant Dean LAS International Programs
- Gretchen Adams, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Affairs
- Andrew Collum, Associate Director for Safety and Security, Illinois International Programs
- Meghan Hazen, Registrar
- Melissa Newell, Director of Undergraduate Affairs, The iSchool
- Vicky Gress, Executive Associate Provost for Budget and Resource Planning, Ex-Officio
Meetings are scheduled weekly, every Tuesday from 9:00 - 10:00, through January 28.
Questions about the committee may be directed to Illinois International's Assistant Director of Administration.