Vision, Mission, & Core Values
Illinois International is at the nexus of all global activities and international studies at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Through its reporting units, Illinois International simultaneously serves as a strategic leader and an administrative and programmatic partner for the many global activities the university is involved in, both on campus and abroad.
Illinois International utilizes its expertise to implement the university’s Global Strategy: Vision 2030, in partnership with the academic colleges and other campus units. The unit is by the leadership of Professor Reitumetse Obakeng Mabokela, Associate Chancellor and Vice Provost for Global Affairs & Strategies.
We will foster an environment of exceptional education and research with global impact, where international perspectives are integral to our institutional culture by:
- Preparing culturally competent students who will become the next generation of global problem solvers;
- Pursuing strategic partnerships with leading universities around the world;
- Collaborating with domestic and international partners to advance cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research;
- Enhancing global professional capacity by providing high-quality career training and professional development; and,
- Nurturing an institutional culture that promotes the understanding and appreciation of global issues and perspectives within the campus, the community, and the world.
We embrace global perspectives and cultivate distinct opportunities to grow our understanding of the diverse communities in which we live and work.
We seek to make international educational experiences available to all of our students and faculty, regardless of academic focus or capacity.
We actively seek and facilitate collaboration across our campus and around the world.
We use the highest standards to develop and expand our scholarship and continually seek new opportunities to learn about, and improve, the world in which we live.
We pursue academic innovation with a commitment to global social responsibility and with accountability to our students, colleagues, and partners.