Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange
Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange supports exceptional education abroad experiences through academically and professionally integrated pathways for University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide expertise and resources in the development of education abroad programs;
- Partner with institutions to develop and facilitate education abroad opportunities;
- Align education abroad programs with academic goals, including working with campus units for clear articulation of credit, and
- Conduct program assessments with an objective of continuous improvement.
- Coordinate signature, exchange, direct enroll, and customized education abroad programs;
- Advise for and communicate with students on the entirety of the study abroad process;
- Develop and implement a variety of programming for students during all stages of their education abroad experience, and
- Maximize safety abroad by actively collaborating with the Office of International Safety and Security.
- Maintain collaborative links with partners through agreements that allow for student mobility, and
- Support partnerships through communications management and coordinated visits.
- Post education abroad program fees to student accounts;
- Execute international financial transactions, and
- Provide detailed program information to allow for the disbursement of federal financial aid.
Outreach & Marketing
- Collaborate with academic units to make education abroad an integral part of the curricula;
- Create a dynamic print and media presence to communicate the value of education abroad;
- Promote education abroad opportunities to the campus community through targeted outreach, and
- Plan and implement the annual Illinois Abroad Day event in collaboration with campus education abroad partners.
Support the campus through management of the education abroad software, including:
- Maintaining application requirements;
- Providing system operations and training;
- Managing a variety of program offerings;
- Reporting unit and campus level data to internal and external stakeholders;
- Software licensing, and
- Integrating data between education abroad software and university systems.