Illinois Abroad & Global Exchange
Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange is a unit within Illinois International that provides exceptional study abroad experiences through academically and professionally integrated pathways for Illinois students, faculty, and staff.
Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange (IAGE) facilitates approximately 150 education abroad programs in over 45 countries and serves as a collaborative partner to units across campus.
The IAGE core services model provides support and guidance to students, faculty, and staff seeking to internationalize the University of Illinois’ land grant mission. They seek to align their operations with best practices in the field of education abroad to promote global competence.
- Provide expertise and resources in the development of education abroad programs;
- Partner with institutions to develop and facilitate education abroad opportunities;
- Align education abroad programs with academic goals, including working with campus units for clear articulation of credit, and
- Conduct program assessments with an objective of continuous improvement.
- Coordinate signature, exchange, direct enroll, and customized education abroad programs;
- Advise for and communicate with students on the entirety of the study abroad process;
- Develop and implement a variety of programming for students during all stages of their education abroad experience, and
- Maximize safety abroad by actively collaborating with the Office of International Safety and Security.
- Maintain collaborative links with partners through agreements that allow for student mobility, and
- Support partnerships through communications management and coordinated visits.
- Post education abroad program fees to student accounts;
- Execute international financial transactions, and
- Provide detailed program information to allow for the disbursement of federal financial aid.
Outreach & Marketing
- Collaborate with academic units to make education abroad an integral part of the curricula;
- Create a dynamic print and media presence to communicate the value of education abroad;
- Promote education abroad opportunities to the campus community through targeted outreach, and
- Plan and implement the annual Illinois Abroad Day event in collaboration with campus education abroad partners.
Support the campus through management of the education abroad software, including:
- Maintaining application requirements;
- Providing system operations and training;
- Managing a variety of program offerings;
- Reporting unit and campus level data to internal and external stakeholders;
- Software licensing, and
- Integrating data between education abroad software and university systems.