Opened in December 2013, the University’s Shanghai Office operates as a natural extension of the Illinois-China partnership, serving students, faculty, staff, and alumni through outreach, protocol, and career activities.
Services & Support
- Receives in-country logistical support for travel and meetings in China related to university business;
- Establishes career connections in globally recognized companies for graduates and alumni of Illinois degree programs;
- Identifies opportunities to recruit students from China to Illinois programs;
- Develops collaborations with academic and corporate connections in China, and
- Connects individuals with active Illinois alumni networks in China.
Illinois International works diligently to ensure that new graduates have the best opportunities available in the global marketplace when they leave Illinois. To that end, a great amount of energy is invested in fostering relationships and securing strong ties with some of the best companies in the world. Post a job or find a candidate via Handshake
In 2017, a report by Lockin China revealed that—among the approximately 1,000 Chinese companies surveyed—the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was the most preferred university for new employee acquisition. In 2018, The University was recognized by Lockin China again as one of the Top 30 "Employers Choice University Career Service."
Top company placements
- Alibaba Group
- China Minsheng Bank
- Fosun Group
- Johnson & Johnson
- MARAZZI Group
- Pingan Assets Management
- Red Fortune Wealth Management
- Shanghai Futures Exchange
- Shanghai General Motors
- Shanghai Shimao Group
- Shanghai Stock Exchange
- United Imaging
If you are part of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and want to know more about how the Shanghai Office can advance your priorities and goals, please contact: Matt Rosenstein
If you are a corporation, prospective or current student, partner university, or Illinois alumni seeking assistance in China, please contact the Shanghai Office