About Illinois International
Vision, Mission, & Core Values
Illinois International Programs (“Illinois International”) is at the nexus of all global activities and international studies on the Urbana campus—simultaneously serving as the administrative, programmatic, and strategic unit responsible for many of the international activities Illinois is involved in, both on campus and abroad.
Comprised of 11 diverse sub-units and rich in a broad range of programs, services, and relationships, Illinois International aims to advance its vision of utilizing its collective expertise to be a global leader in higher education, research, and engagement. Illinois International is guided by the leadership of Professor Reitumetse Obakeng Mabokela, Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies.
Illinois International Programs will foster an environment of exceptional education and research with global impact, where international perspectives are integral to our institutional culture. As a global leader in higher education we will:
- Prepare and graduate culturally competent students who will become the next generation of global problem solvers;
- Pursue strategic partnerships with leading universities around the world;
- Collaborate with domestic and international partners to advance cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research;
- Enhance global professional capacity by providing high-quality career training and professional development; and,
- Foster an institutional culture that promotes the understanding and appreciation of global issues and perspectives within the campus, the community, and the world.
We embrace global perspectives and cultivate distinct opportunities to grow our understanding of the diverse communities in which we live and work.
We seek to make international educational experiences available to all of our students and faculty, regardless of academic focus or capacity.
We actively seek and facilitate collaboration across our campus and around the world.
We use the highest standards to develop and expand our scholarship and continually seek new opportunities to learn about, and improve, the world in which we live.
We pursue academic innovation with a commitment to global social responsibility and with accountability to our students, colleagues, and partners.