Campus Services & Units
Global Education & Training
Global Education and Training is a unit within Illinois International that prepares today’s global workforce by providing transformative customized executive training programs, professional capacity building opportunities, and academic certificate programs.
Global Education and Training (GET) was formed in July 2015 through the consolidation of the China Executive Leadership Programs (CELP) and Illinois International Training (IIT). GET draws on over 24 years of experience at CELP and IIT in the development of executive education for businesses, government agencies, professional organizations, and academic institutions; as well as thematic programs for students.
GET works closely with academic units and faculty at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in addition to collaborating with leading professionals, companies, and organizations throughout the State of Illinois to bring cutting-edge, practitioner knowledge to its programs. Participants in a GET program will benefit from networking opportunities, gain exposure to the latest practices and techniques taught at Illinois, build professional relationships, and return to their home country with new perspectives and knowledge in their fields. As a result, participants will enhance their global perspective and become leaders of change in their home country.
GET Fast Facts
- 24 years of experience providing superior, custom-designed executive education programs.
- Since 1993, more than 6000 executives, government officials, scientists, business and academic leaders have completed GET training programs through CELP.
- GET/CELP is certified by the China State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) as an Official China Overseas Training Program.
- In 2015 and 2017, GET hosted EducationUSA Leadership Institutes on international student mobility for government officials and higher education administrators from over 17 countries. This program was sponsored by the U.S. Department of State in partnership with the Institute of International Education.
- More than 200 international undergraduate students participate in GET programs each year.
- GET has partnered with more than 60 institutions worldwide.