The human resources team within International Business Operations provides human resource management and oversight of human resource related activities for all units reporting to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies while maintaining adherence to federal and state laws, University policies, and enhancing the knowledge and skills of the organization’s employees.
Below are the areas where Illinois International Human Resources can be of assistance and the relevant forms.
Academic Hourly Appointments
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Information regarding the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's implementation of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Foreign National Payment Processing
Searches, appointment processing, course development, lump sum payments/service in excess, and summer salary processing, background checks, I-9 processing and support, promotions, and upgrades
Graduate Assistantship Appointments
- Academic Year 2015/2016 Grad Salary Minimums (PDF)
- Academic Year 2016/2017 Grad Salary Minimums effective 2/16/17 (PDF)
- Academic Year 2016/2017 Grad Salary Minimums effective 8/16/17 (PDF)
Please note that if you are reappointing a grad job, you CANNOT increase the salary on that job at the time of reappointment unless you need to bring it up to the campus minimum rate OR the grad needs an "academic progress" pay increase.
- Recommended Template for TA Offer Letters (PDF)
- Recommended Template for GA Offer Letters (PDF)
- Recommended Template for RA Offer Letters (PDF)
- Recommended Template for PGA Offer Letters (PDF)
- Recommended Template for TAR Offer Letters (PDF)
Labor & Employee Relations
Separations, annual performance reviews, job description development and maintenance, professional development, and supervisor resources
Payroll & Benefits
Policy & Compliance
Services in Excess