Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement
Nomination Deadline: September 30, 2013
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is proud of its long history of educating exceptional students from around the globe. Since its founding in 1867, the University of Illinois has welcomed more than 30,000 international students to the Urbana-Champaign campus.
Established in 2000 with a generous gift from Dr. Jagdish and Mrs. Madhuri Sheth, the Sheth International Alumni Award recognizes the University's distinguished international alumni. Recipients of the award include individuals who are highly distinguished in their profession, either internationally or nationally in their own country; who have helped their nation or the world by outstanding contributions to government, humanity, science, art, or human welfare; and who exemplify the strength of their education at the University of Illinois.
The winner will receive a plaque to be presented at the International Achievement Awards Banquet, co-hosted by the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost, International Programs and Studies, and the Alumni Association. Recipients are invited to give the annual Sheth International Alumni Lecture, a public presentation sponsored by the Alumni Association.
- Have received a degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In exceptional cases, attendance for one academic year may be sufficient.
- Have been a citizen of a country other than the United States at the time he/she enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Have distinguished him/herself in activities in a country other than the U.S. or in an international context.
- Not currently a member of the University of Illinois faculty, staff, or Board of Trustees.
- Must be highly distinguished in his/her business, profession, or life's work, either internationally or nationally in his or her country.
- Must be of such stature and accomplishment that students, faculty, and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Must be an individual whose contributions to humanity, science, art, or human welfare have helped the citizens of his/her country and/or the global population.
- Must be an individual whose life activities reflect the importance of his/her education at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Associate Provost for International Affairs will seek nominations for individuals to serve on the selection committee from deans, directors, and heads of the relevant units.
The selection committee is comprised of faculty representatives from both larger and smaller colleges on rotation, as well as administrative representatives from the Alumni Association and International Programs and Studies.
The committee will evaluate and rank all nominations, recommending up to three nominees to the Chancellor for final selection.
Nominators will be notified regarding the status of their nomination(s) in December.
Nominations will roll over for up to three academic years as long as the applicant continues to meet all of the eligibility requirements. Nominations do not have to be updated in order to be included in the next award cycle, but nominators will be invited (and are encouraged) to submit updated material each year.
- Cover Sheet and Nomination Form
- Narrative (not to exceed 5 pages) – The narrative should describe the nominee's qualities, achievements, and work, and how these reflect the award criteria.
- Nominee's CV/Resume (short version; not to exceed 5 pages)
- Letters of Support (3)
Please send all materials to:
International Programs and Studies
Attn: Sheth International Alumni Award
507 E. Green St., Rm. 417 (MC-417)
Champaign, IL 61820
Fax: (217) 265-0810
For questions about the awards or nomination process, please email: email@example.com or call (217)333-1993.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2013