Established by the Provost in 2001 and endowed in 2006, this award recognizes a current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign faculty member for his/her exemplary accomplishments in teaching, research and public service in the international arena; the award highlights the importance of the international dimensions of the awardees’ contributions to his/her discipline or subject matter. The recipient must have contributed in significant ways to strengthening the international dimension of Illinois.
The winner will receive a plaque to be presented at the International Achievement Awards Banquet, co-hosted by the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost, International Programs and Studies, and the Alumni Association.
- Full-time faculty appointment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Significant record of achievement and recognition for international work
- Be of such stature and accomplishment that students, faculty, and staff of Illinois will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition
- Be an individual whose contributions to humanity, science, art, or human welfare have made a positive impact internationally.
- The Associate Provost for International Affairs will seek nominations for individuals to serve on the selection committee from deans, directors, and heads of the relevant units.
- The selection committee is comprised of faculty representatives from both larger and smaller colleges on rotation, as well as administrative representatives from the Alumni Association and International Programs and Studies.
- The committee will evaluate and rank all nominations, recommending up to three nominees to the Provost for final selection.
Nominators will be notified regarding the status of their nomination(s) in December.
Nominations will roll over for up to three academic years as long as the applicant continues to meet all of the eligibility requirements. Nominations do not have to be updated in order to be included in the next award cycle, but nominators will be invited (and are encouraged) to submit updated material each year.
Nominators should work in collaboration with their home department(s) when submitting a nomination.
- Cover sheet and Nomination Form
- Narrative (not to exceed 5 pages) – The narrative should describe the nominee's qualities, achievements, and work, and how these reflect the award criteria.
- Nominee's CV/Resume (short version; not to exceed 5 pages)
- Letter of Support from Nominee’s Department Head
- References (2): names and contact information for two references
Please send all materials to:
International Programs and Studies
Attn: Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award
507 E. Green St., Rm. 417 (MC-417)
Champaign, IL 61820
Fax: (217) 265-0810
For questions about the awards or nomination process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217)333-1993.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2013